At the Kushido Karate Club in Scherpenzeel, The Netherlands, a new 100m2 sprung floor using InstaCradle sports cradles was recently installed in the Dojo, a room used for martial arts activities such as karate, judo, aikido or jiu-jitsu.
The owner of the business, Hans Cleton, sourced and specified the InstaFloor sports cradles, which were supplied by our Belgian distributor, Sferafloors of Herk de Stad, and installed by a local contractor.
The environmentally friendly InstaCradles, manufactured from recycled rubber crumb and with a 60 year guarantee, were positioned in a grid layout on top of the existing floor. The sub-floor was levelled using cradle packers, before timber battens were located in the cradles, to ensure a completely level finished floor of engineered wood.
The Dojo Room was soon back in use, following a rapid installation, and the sprung flooring provides good levels of shock absorption, helping competitors and club members to avoid injury. Hans Cleton is extremely impressed and said, “We are now training on the new floor and it is fantastic”, and went on to add that he would recommend the InstaFloor system to other judo clubs whenever possible.
The InstaCradle sprung sports floor provides various benefits:
- Complies with EN 14904 and BS 6399: Part 1
- Shock absorption helps avoid injury and fatigue
- Cost-effective and easy to install systems
- No structural sub-floor preparation
- Durable, long lasting, no maintenance
- Made from environmentally friendly recycled rubber crumb
- Suitable for uneven sub-floor constructions
- On-site levelling capabilities and floor height adjustment
- InstaCradles are guaranteed for 60 years